Beautiful uncropped engraving after the painting by Nicolas PONCE CAMUS, painter of history and portraitist.
Archduke Charles was considered by Napoleon as his best opponent and as the best Austrian general during the Napoleonic Wars, he was also the brother of François II, Emperor of Austria.
Meeting on the 12/17/1805 in the hunting lodge of Stamersdorf to prepare the Treaty of Pressburg (signed on December 26th, 1805, as a result of defeats of the Austrian army in Ulm and Austerlitz).
A truce is signed on December 4th and negotiations began.
It is the same Archduke Charles who later, as an agent of the Emperor of the French, led to his niece to the altar, young Archduchess Marie-Louise of Austria who became the wife of Napoleon, and became a guide and a protector for the son of the great man he once fought.
- Entrevista del emperador Napoleón y archiduque Carlos en Stamersdorf 17 Dic 1805
- Gran grabado en papel grueso de vitela
- Nicolas PONCE CAMUS (1778-1839) /Jean-Antoine AUBERT (dit Aubert père 1822/1883)
- Fabricante / Marca
- Diagraphe et pantographe Gavard
- País de origen
- Buen estado - usado y con pequeños signos de los años y con imperfecciones
- 31×47×0 cm