After the huge picture measuring 6 m x 3.5 m created between 1803 and 1808 by VanBree exhibited in the Palace of Versailles (Inv.MV1501) titled: ‘Entrée de Bonaparte et Joséphine à Anvers 18 Juillet 1803’.
Beautiful engraving created by Brunellière between 1830 and 1848, very detailed, listed in the ‘Galerie Historique de Versailles InvGrav 6571’ with a different title since Josephine is most mentioned anymore... yet she still appears on the boat sitting behind her illustrious husband.
Napoleon visited Antwerp four times, its port played a key role in his projects of European conquests, since it was the most important war harbour of his Empire.
It thrived and grew from 1794 to 1814, these years would radically change the dynamics and look of this port town.
- "Entrada del Primer Cónsul de Bonaparte en Amberes, 18 de julio de 1803"
- Gran grabado en papel grueso de vitela
- VanBree Mathieu Ignace/Prospère Brunellière
- Fabricante / Marca
- Diagraphe et pantographe Gavard
- País de origen
- Excelente estado - apenas usado y con signos mínimos de los años y de desgaste
- 28×37×0 cm