1. Apollo and Diana killing the Niobids with arrows.
28.7 x 17.9 cm
Inscription: 'P.Brebiette in. et fecit 1625' & ‘D. Ciartres for.’
Condition: Fair to good impression. Creases towards left and right corners. Cut to 1-2mm from border. Age-related colouring of paper, and minor brown stains/foxing visible on front. A few small areas where paper is thin, visible on photos on lightbox.
On laid paper, with “grapes” watermark
Reference: LeBlanc I.513.63
British Museum Collection Online: Museum number 1866,1110.1460
2. Toilet of Venus : Naked Venus (or Thetis, a sea nymph and water goddess) is seated near the sea, with nymphs and other nude figures.
22 x 15.3cm
This is a copy in reverse of the print etched by Pierre Brebiette between 1617 and 1642 (Le Blanc I.514.102).
On laid paper, with watermark (Grapes)
Condition: Cut close to, or just within, border. Age-related paper-colouring. A vertical crease.
3. Mythological scene with creatures & cow
15.6 x 6.3cm
It has been attributed to Brebiette by a previous owner, but haven't been able to verify
On laid paper
Condition: Fair to good impression. Cut to just outside border. Age-related paper-colouring. Slight crease (see photos)
Pierre Brebiette: French painter, printmaker & etcher (c.1598-1642). Working in Italy 1617-25, and then Paris.
François Langlois, il Ciartres (1588 - 1647)) was a major French publisher & printer
- Pierre Brebiette ( by or after)
- Título de la obra
- 3 Prints: Apollo, Diana & Niobids; Toilet of Venus; mythological scene
- Grabado / Grabado
- Ver la descripción
- Se vende con marco