Herbert Hooijkaas silver in Schoonhoven, The Netherlands, manufactured this series of silver plated objects on commission by Douwe Egberts. Each item bears the master stamp HH. This mark was used from 1946 until the closure in 2008. Each item carries the mark 90 (90 = silver plated).
The set consists of:
- 1 Serving tray (rare) 764 grams: length 36.5 cm and 28 cm wide.
- 2 Tea caddies (round) for unpackaged tea, 200 grams per item: height 10.8 cm and diameter 8 cm.
- 1 Tea box for tea bags (or tall spoons) 394 grams: length 18 cm and 6 cm tall.
- 1 Creamer 122 grams: length 11 cm and 9 cm tall.
- 1 Sugar bowl (round) 222 grams: 10 cm tall and diameter 12 cm.
- 1 Teaspoon vase 76 grams: 7 cm tall and diameter base 6.5 cm and diameter top edge 4.5 cm.
- 12 Teaspoons total 174 grams.
- 1 Sugar scoop 23 grams: 13 cm long.
The serving tray is rare and is of alpacca silver. Alpacca = silver-coloured metal alloy. The tray bears the master stamp HH and the number 90. Therefore, the item is silver plated.
The 12 teaspoons, of which 6 different. Of these, 3 are historical ships and 3 types of ships.
For example, the Zeven Provinciën is a ship of the line 1665-1694. The most famous warship from the Dutch Golden Age. A replica was built on Batavia wharf in Lelystad.
In the ’50s and ’60s, the Hooijkaas Zilverfabriek was commissioned by the coffee and tea producer Douwe Egberts to manufacture the famous silver-plated teaspoons, tea caddies, spoon vases, tea sieves, etc, with Dutch scenes in bas-relief.
Unfortunately, the round knob of one of the two tea caddies wobbles. The entire tea set was used from the past till present-day, but because of the osteoarthritis in my hands, I have to sell it. The maintenance hurts my joints. Here and there are scratches and blemishes due to old age, but generally in good condition.
The items will be packaged with care and shipped with insured service.
- N.º de artículos
- Azucarero, Bandeja, Caja, Caja para cuchara, Carrito de té, Cubertería, Juego de azucarero y lechera, Portacucharas
- Chapado en plata
- Fabricante / marca
- Herbert Hooijkaas Zilver
- Modelo / Nombre
- Hollandse taferelen
- Periodo estimado
- Segunda mitad del siglo XX
- País de origen
- Países Bajos
- Buen estado - usado y con pequeños signos de los años y con imperfecciones