Russia 19th century bronze travel icon 4 - Liège. Hand-cast bronze.
Russian holidays icon 19th century.
Handmade bronze holidays icon originating from Russia, 19th century.
With the Russian/Orthodox holidays.
Part of the Cyrillic text on the panels is even still legible.
Short description of this travel icon:
Looking at the panels from left to right and from top to bottom the following scenes are depicted: in the first panel: Annunciation to Mary, Nativity of Christ, Birth of the Mother of God and Presentation of the Virgin in the temple ; in the second panel: Presentation of Christ in the temple , Baptism in the Jordan , Transfiguration on Mount Tabor and Entry into Jerusalem ; in the third panel: Descent into hell , Ascension of Our Lord, Pentecost and Dormition of the Virgin. In the domes, from left to right: Crucifixion of Christ, New Testament Trinity, Exaltation of the Cross and Praise of the Mother of God. In the fourth panel we see the Veneration of the following icons: Tikhvin Mother of God , Vladimir Mother of God , Smolensk Mother of God and Virgin of the Sign.
100% original work! and NO cheap copy/replica.
- Exceptionally decorative and a religious work of art.
- Very detailed scenes.
- Beautiful patina. Gold-plated and on parts of the icon that is still visible (see pictures).
- Dimensions open: approx. 37 x 16 cm
- Weight; around 0.9 kilo.
- Work of art is in good used condition with normal old signs of age and use for a work of art this old (see photos).
Will be shipped well packaged and registered via PostNL
Registered and insured shipping at the buyer's expense.
Pictures are part of this sale via catawiki.nl.
Good luck bidding!
- N.º de artículos
- Icono chapado en oro de 4 partes, Icono de viaje
- Bronce plateado
- Omgeving Moskou, novkorod
- Periodo estimado
- siglo XIX
- País de origen
- Buen estado - usado y con pequeños signos de los años y con imperfecciones
- 37×16×1 cm
- 0.9 kg