Original woodblock print - Nishijima Katsuyuki (b. 1945) - ”Akimeku” 秋めく ('Becoming Autumnal') - Heisei period (1989-present) - Japan
Very fine print by Katsuyuki Nishijima from his famous Kyoto Street Scenes series
Signed in Japanese and English in pencil at the bottom
Print backed on thin cardboard
Measurements with frame (HxW): 47 x 37 cm
Good condition, colours still very bright, paper slightly discoloured at the edges of the passepartout, see images.
- Katsuyuki Nishijima is born 1945 in Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- Studied moku hanga at Mikumo publishing house in Kyoto 1964-1968.
- Exhibited with Kyoto Independents 1965-1970 and in solo and group shows.
- Experimented with stencil dyeing and printing 1969-1972.
- From 1972 focused on limited edition sosaku-hanga woodblocks taking subjects from old traditional buildings.
- Prints include a series Sixty-Nine Stations of the Kiso Kaido and Kyoto Street Scenes."
Will be carefully packaged and sent by registered mail.
- Xilografía original
- Período Heisei (1989-2019)
- Región / País de origen
- Artista / Creador
- Nishijima Katsuyuki (b. 1945)
- Título de la obra de arte
- ”Akimeku” 秋めく ('Becoming Autumnal')
- Buen estado, ver descripción
- 32.9×25.4×0 cm