This bell represents the four points of the compass in this order
East - Dong, South - Nan, West -Xi, North - Bei.
It has been created as a buddhist offering symbolizing faithfulness, piety and devotion.
Chinese script characters can be seen on each quadrant.
- on the East quadrant, the main part of the bell, we can read through the signs that can be deciphered some kind of dedication "Under the Willpower of the eastern Sky", as an eternal pagoda to a deity who cannot be called by a single name. A province (Nan Ru), a city (Ning Guang Shan Xian), a name (Xiong) are quoted and "with a devoted heart we build this golden bell, collect the divine sound and follow God's will"
- West and South quadrants bear the names of all people having contributed to the making of the bell with where they came from
- North quadrant stated the manufacturer information : Deng Da Shou, from the city Nan Fang
The characters on the bell and the way they are designed probably shows that this bell was manufactured in the country for a private use or offered to the village, as an original piece but without great significance.
This bell has a perfect sound.
It is important to note that 4 characters on this bell have been simplified which is possible for 3 of them but not for the last one if we refer to the iconography of song or Jin period
Please check pictures that identify this character.
After study we have chosen to date this bell from the end of the Ming period or early Qing, not from song or jin dynasty as we explain this problem.
This bell could be much older than 17th century and having been made by a craftsman little literate who did not respect the iconographic rules of the characters and their placement.
17 th century - C. 1650
Excellent condition. Some sign of ages can be seen on pictures
Please check pictures for global condition
From the private belgium collection of the owner of the Rambagh palace belgium.
Was purchase before end of 70's
For Belgium the delivery will be made by the seller.
For other countries delivery made by Fedex
!!! Important !!!
WEIGTH IS 100 KG
When the purchased item requires it, a wooden box / MDF will be realized implying a delay of 5 to 7 working days before shipping.
Shipping cost will be applied per item.
Therefore, if a buyer buys multiple pieces this amount will be charged per item regardless of the number of items purchased.
Follow-up of the shipment by tracking, transport insurance for the amount of the sale excluding Catawiki commission.
- Hierro forjado
- Dinastía Qing (1644-1911)
- Región / País de origen
- Título de la obra de arte
- Buddhist offering bell
- Estado muy bueno, ver descripción
- 76×40×40 cm