4 Engravings Crusaders
1. Crusaders: Isaac Komnenos of Cyprus is kneeling before Richard the Lionheart.
2. Crusaders: Cavalry fight between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin.
3. Bertrand de Gourdon, whose shot fatally wounded Richard the Lionheart, is skinned alive.
4. Henry II of Champagne collapses from the breaking of a window frame.
Isaac Komnenos was the ruler, Emperor of Cyprus. He lost his empire to Richard the Lionheart during the Third Crusade.
4 Etchings after his own drawing by Jan Luyken (1649-1712) in 1684.
Published by Timotheus ten Hoorn ca 1684 in Amsterdam.
References: Van Eeghen 583
Signed in the plate I L .
All 4 In perfect condition, all 4 good impression.
Printed on laid paper, mounted on another laid paper.
Some with an explenation written in old ink on the back of the mounted laid paper.
Delivered in a 2 museum passepartout of 40 cm x 50 cm.
- Jan Luyken (1649-1712)
- Título de la obra
- 4 engravings: Crusaders: Richard the Lionheart, Saladin
- Firmado en plancha
- En muy buenas condiciones
- Se vende con marco
- Dimensiones de la imagen
- 15.6×12.3 cm
- Dimensiones totales
- 20.4×16.5×0 cm