1. Paul Kooiker - Showground - Basalt/Van Zoetendaal, 2004 - 88 pp. - 16 × 20 cm
Published in an edition of 1,200 copies on the occasion of a solo exhibition of Paul Kooiker. Photo-pictorial wrappers over limp boards (softcover).
“A series of Rubenesque models as if preparing for a drawing class in his dishevelled studio space.”
2. Paul Kooiker - Seminar - Van Zoetendaal, 2006 - 32 pp. - 15.5 × 20 cm
30 photos in duotone (black and magenta), edition of 500 copies. Softcover.
“Seminar is filled with cropped and grainy photographs of a woman’s feet clad in modest but sexy black, French court shoes with kitten heels and a bow and eyelet in the back. Every image has the appearance of being surreptitiously snapped by a seminar stalker, as it were - we catch glimpses of the woman taking notes and sitting in the audience in a folding metal chair. Kooiker has given every image in the book a pink overwash, which only serves to overemphasize the femininity of the work.”
Condition of both books is as good as new. Books will be carefully packaged and sent by registered mail.
* In his work Paul Kooiker explores various aspects of the theme of looking: voyeurism, shame and distance. His work can be seen as a continuation of an old tradition focusing on the relationship between the artist and the model, the observer and the observed. Kooiker's obsessive collections of images confuse, humiliate and unnerve. They raise questions about a photographer's reason for looking at things and the motivation behind photographing something. The artist plays a game with the viewer, who is confronted with his or her own gaze.
- Número de libros
- Erótica, Fotografía
- Autor/ Ilustrador
- Paul Kooiker
- Título del libro
- Como nuevo
- Año de publicación artículo más antiguo
- Año de publicación artículo más reciente
- Primera edición
- Lengua original
- Van Zoetendaal Publishers
- Libro en rústica
- Edición limitada