Set of 3 lime boxes or native silver lime-box with a total weight of 114 grams. Burma, 19th and early 20th.
1) Native silver oval box carved with a pretty floral decoration on its top, classic model in Burma. The star under its base is the artist's signature who has made it. Remnants of lime.
Average state, gaps, hole, the object bears traces of its age and its use (see photos).
50 mm high, 56 mm long, 24 mm wide, 46 grams.
2) Native silver oval box carved with a pretty floral decoration on its top, classic model in Burma. The fish under its base is the artist's signature who has made it. Remnants of lime.
Decent condition, but bears traces of its age and its use, does not close completely (see photos).
50 mm high, 48 mm long, 28 mm wide, 45 grams.
3) Solid silver oval box carved with a pretty floral decoration on its top and around the rim of the box, which is rarer. Remnants of lime.
Reasonable state, lack, bears traces of its age and use, does not close completely (see photos).
29 mm tall, 44 mm long, 28 mm wide, 23 grams.
These 3 boxes are left in the state in which I bought them, they require a thorough cleaning.
CARNET DE VOYAGE DE JEAN DUMOULIN
Traditionally, these boxes contained lime, which, when mixed with areca nut, spices, or tobacco, was used to make betel chewing tobacco.
This was a common practice in many countries in southeastern Asia, and is still very present in Myanmar. It gives the consumers a feeling of slight euphoria. From experience, after a serious discussion with a betel quid consumer, it is better to schedule a meeting in the morning, rather than at the end of the day, as attention and understanding may be minimal.
In addition, this practice damages the user’s teeth and gums, giving them an inimitable red smile.
It will be packaged with care, sent with insurance and track & trace via Bpost.
- N.º total de artículos
- Accesorios para nuez de betel
- dinero repelido
- XIX y principios del XX
- Región / País de origen
- Título de la obra de arte
- Ensemble de 3 Lime boxes
- Estado razonable, ver descripción
- 50×22×56 mm