Offered is a beautiful original Silver Star Medal, complete with accompanying ribbon bar and lapel pin in the original presentation box of issue. Everything is in excellent condition, as if it had just come out of the factory.
The type of box is characteristic of the Silver Stars that were presented during the second world war and is also called "Coffin Box".
The medal stands for extreme heroic deeds and courage in time of war, with risk of your own life, more than that the service requires, but neither exceptional enough for the Navy Cross, Air Force Cross or Distinguished Service Cross.
Although this Silver Star was produced between 1943-1945 (visible by the closure on the ribbon), these were also granted after WW2 (because so many were made during WW2). However, these are difficult to find in good condition.
- Medalla de estrella de plata de la Segunda Guerra Mundial - Completa en caja original (¡menta!)
- País de origen
- Estados Unidos de América
- Unidad del ejército
- Fuerzas Armadas de Estados Unidos
- Bronce (dorado/plateado/patinado)
- Original / réplica
- Como nuevo, sin usar
- Viene con certificado de autenticidad